- The day of your colonic eat a light breakfast & lunch, depending on your appointment time.
- Drink plenty of water prior to your colonic
- Avoid soda, coffee, alcohol for 24 hours prior to your colonic
- IMPORTANT: NO food 2 hours prior to your colonic
During a colonic session electrolytes are lost in the same manner as when one exerts oneself during exercise for various athletic activities and should be replaced. Friendly bacteria/flora is lost or destroyed as well as harmful bacterium in the manner during antibiotic usage. We recommend using probiotics daily and especially after antibiotic treatment and after colonic sessions.
Important Note: if you should experience extreme discomfort & fullness or nausea following your treatment IMMEDIATELY contact *** during business hours or after hours: Dr. Graham (413-522-0061).
What to expect after my colonic treatment?
Most clients experience a sense of lightness, feelings of happiness and joy. Although most participants feel high levels of energy, some however may experience transient effects of the toxins being stirred up, This process is called a “healing crisis”. The symptoms may include: aches, pains, headaches, fatigue, feelings of sadness, anger, bloating skin eruptions etc. Drink plenty of water to help flush out the toxins. It is important to not suppress these symptoms as they are a natural response to the healing process and pass. Please allow your body to heal itself. This is part of the whole process of regenerating and shedding the very things that made your body sick to begin with, You will come out the other side, invigorated and renewed.
Please Note: The most common post colonic experience is a slight delay in bowel movements (2 days) and then a resumption of somewhat larger, easier to move stool. Sometimes if the colon is weak and sluggish there may be no bowel movement for several days after the colonic, this is not due to the colonic, but rather to the weakness of the muscles in the colon and indicate that the colon requires strengthening and healing thus more treatments.
Recommendations for optimal results after a colonic session:
Drink plenty of liquids-spring water, fresh vegetable or fruit juices, herb teas, mineral drinks. Recharge, Smart water or Electro mix by Alacer (makers of Emer’gen-C) Fortify with intestinal microflora. (friendly bacteria) this may be done with yogurt, kefir, cultured vegetables and probiotic supplement. Eat pureed foods for 24 hours following the session. Blended soups. Avoid eating raw vegetables for 2 days. Raw fruit is fine. Chew your food to liquid. Eat s-l-o-w-l-y. Reduce meat consumption for 3 days. coldwater, wild-caught fresh fish would be the preferred animal protein for the first 24 hours. Incorporate Olive oil, flaxseed oil or other cold-pressed oils into your daily diet Avoid alcoholic beverages for 48 hours. Follow proper food combining rules to reduce gas & aid digestion. Take plant enzyme supplements to aid digestion. Take a detox bath in the evening of your colonic. This will help continue the detox process by pulling toxins through the skin as well. Use epsom salts in tub of water or 1 cup of raw apple cider vinegar in a tub. Add a health-step or “pooping stool” to your bathroom. Being in the proper squatting position during elimination will reduce stress and straining of the pelvic floor and help with complete elimination.
As always, be sure to consult a doctor or qualified dietitian before making considerable changes in your present diet. If you have a specific question or problem with this diet consult your physician.
- Coffee & Tea (with caffeine)
- Carbonated drinks
- Dairy Products
- Fatty & fried foods
- White flour products (wheat)
- Ice cream
- Processed & junk food
- Refined sugar
- Red meat-beef, pork, lamb etc.
- Genetically Modified Foods (GMO’s)
- (foods produced from organisms that have had a part of their genetic makeup–their DNA–altered through genetic engineering)
- Fruit & fruit juices (not sugary)
- Chamomile, peppermint, & ginger teas
- Fish & free-range poultry
- Green leafy vegetables, kale-Cruciferous veggies such as broccoli. cabbage, cauliflower, brussel sprouts
- Organic vegetables and fruits (raspberries, blackberries, peppers, yams)
- Miso soup, organic vegetable soups, bean soups
- Nuts & seeds
- Sweet potato instead of white potato
- Seasonal organic vegetables
- Whole grains (brown rice, millet, quinoa, amaranth)
- Raw super foods
Fiber has been shown to aid elimination through the bowel and absorb toxins in the intestines, preventing their reabsorption. Shoot for 35 grams of fiber per day through foods, but you can take a fiber supplement at bedtime that will help you reach your mark.
- Wheat Belly by William Davis, MD
- The Body Ecology Diet-Recovering your Health and Rebuilding your Immunity by Donna Gates
- RAW: The Uncook Book by Juliano
- The Detox Strategy by Brenda Watson, CNC
- How to Keep Slim, Healthy & Young with Juice Fasting by Dr. Paavo Airola
- Cleanse Internally To Become Younger by Millan Chessman